First dates never fail to be interesting. In one way or another they leave us speechless and occasionally confused. Sometimes we even have a hard time explaining a first date or retelling the story of how everything unfolded to our inquiring friends and our “hopeful-of-marriage” parents. But if there is one thing we know for sure, first dates are unforgettable- for better or for worse…
We’ve compiled a list of adjectives to help you lovers reflect on and potentially better understand the experience of a first date. For our long time lovers, what was your first date like? For our lone lovers looking for someone special, what have your first dates been like? See if your choice words match up to our list!
- It’ll be a memorable experience you won’t (or can’t) forget. First dates are interesting and exciting. You have the opportunity to learn about someone new, you get to talk about yourself and odds are you’ll probably have a funny or awkward moment you’ll reflect back on in the following days.
- We all know the feeling of anxiousness pulsating through our bodies when we do something for the first time. You experience an adrenaline rush and an overwhelming amount of emotions all at once. First dates are 100% known to cause this phenomenon, but can’t really be avoided. First dates are intense and we either choose to embrace it or break down into a full blown panic.
- Charm is either present or it’s not during a first date. Sometimes you can see it when you enter a room and catch a glimpse of your date’s pearly white smile. Or maybe you’ll be charmed when you hear him or her speak for the first time saying something so intelligent, savvy and sexy that you’re ready for them to sweep you off your feet. Unfortunately we are bound to experience dates with people who have absolutely no charm and we can’t wait to run as far away as possible.
- You never know what you are walking into when you go out on a first date. You play the scenario over and over again in your head and you hope for the best before you walk out the door. Often times, you’ll pray that this date will be the last first date you ever go on. Just keep in mind all first dates have potential and make sure to give the date time no matter how the first impression goes.
- First dates are comforting because they make you realize you are a hot commodity. They give you the confidence you need to tackle the world of romance. They make you feel wanted and desired. They may also make you feel interesting because you finally have someone asking about you! And let’s be honest-we all love to brag about ourselves once in a while…
- When we say “perfect” we don’t mean all first dates are out of this world and incredibly amazing. We simply mean they are perfectly bad or good. First dates can go in a good or bad direction within seconds of meeting someone. Of course we hope you have either come across the perfect first date already or hope you will have a perfect first date in the near future!
- This is our favorite word in the list. We use the word optimistic to describe a first date because we want all you lovers out there to keep an open mind about first dates! You truly never know what can happen- you may be meeting the love of your life or you may be walking away with the greatest first date story ever.
We recognize there are two types of lovers in this world- those who can’t wait to run out the door to a first date and potentially meet the love of their life and those who dread being asked out on a date and would rather hide in a dark hole than go out with someone for the first time. There are tons of words we could list to describe a first date, but we believe the list we provided resonates with both types of first daters. If you’ve had your last first date, share your story with friends, family and coworkers who are still trying to conquer the challenge of first dates. For those who are going on a first date, make sure to refer to our list for a refresher on what to expect on a first date. Remember to always stay positive and take a first date as an opportunity to meet someone new and of course brag about yourself a little bit…